What is an autoresponder?
It is simply a tool to send your new email subscribers a series of pre-written emails over a set period of time. If you want your emails to be sent every 5 days, you can set it up that way in your autoresponder. Your autoresponder will send out your emails automatically every 5 days.
With every new email subscriber, they will be automatically set up on this schedule. You can still send out broadcast messages, one time messages, to your list whenever you desire.
Where to get an autoresponder?
One of the best autoresponders available is through AWeber. They have a free 30 day trial period. They have been around for a long time and their software is very user-friendly.
What to use an autoresponder for?
- Build a long-term relationship with your subscribers
- Turn your website visitors into subscribers
- Introduce your subscribers to your blog
- Learn what information your subscribers are looking for
- Offer an affiliate product or your own ebook or mini course
- Upsell follow up products
- Announce your new blog posts
How to set up an email autoresponder in AWeber?
Set up a list – Log into AWeber, then click Create A New List. Enter the name and details of your list. You will be prompted to enter your Confirmation Message. This is the message that each new subscriber will receive confirming that they do want to join your list.
Creating your first email – Click on the Messages tab, then select Follow Up. You will be taken to a new page to create your first or welcome email. Some of what to include in this email is welcoming them, when they can expect your next email, and what it will be about.
Creating your follow up sequence – Now that your welcome email is complete, start to create your additional emails. Set the time when you want this email to be delivered by selecting the number of days from your last email. Also, select the days of the week and the time you would like these emails to be delivered.
- Start collecting your new subscribers – You can do this by using forms that AWeber provides. The most common way is to place a form on your site asking for a visitor’s email address in exchange for a free checklist, course, ebook, or PDF file.
- Sign up for your free trial AWeber account.
- Create your first autoresponder.
- Place your first form to collect subscribers on your site.